Saturday, May 17, 2014

Life In Still Life

Artists Being Shown:
  • Chardin, Jean Baptiste Siméon 
  • Gris, Juan
  • Kalf, Willem 
  • Monet, Claude 
  • Morandi, Giorgio 
  • Picasso, Pablo 
  • Steenwyck, Harmen 
  • Talbot, William Henry Fox 
  • Van Gogh, Vincent 
  • Weston, Edward
This show is about seeing beauty in the everyday things. I want to make the viewer stop and look at a painting and seek the beauty in it and thus seek beauty in everyday life. Still Life art is the main theme of this exhibit, it's easy to see beauty in people and movement, so I wanted to choose something that depicts beauty in an unconventional sense. Art makes someone see beauty, and I want the viewer to look at beauty in everyday life, because there's something beautiful in everything and Still Life shows that. In my process I picked the art that really stood out; whether it rang out beauty, spoke to simplicity, or called me to stop and see the meaning in the picture. Not all the art is straight-forward with being beautiful or even simplistic, but sometimes we show our lives as complex and it's evident by our possessions. I looked for different depictions of beauty and life in the everyday items, simply because our lives are all different and we have different items. i want people to be able to find beauty in their lives so I sought out diversity. 
I hope you will enjoy this exhibit and stop to really see what each piece is saying, each one has a different aspect of beauty that brings life to objects which otherwise would have none.

No comments:

Post a Comment