Saturday, May 17, 2014

Conclusion

Through this experience as a curator, I have learned exactly what I find to be artistic. I looked at multiple pictures, paintings, and photographs and chose things that spoke to me. To me, art needs to define beauty, whether it is directly or indirectly. And through the process I found that seeing the beauty was easy for me, once something caught my attention I looked deeper into the beauty that it conveyed. What was harder was trying to find variety, I did not want the viewers to see the same pictures over and over again with the same style, because that isn't what I would want to see if I went to an exhibit. So as a curator I had to really seek beautiful Still Life art, and in different forms with some different mediums. From looking for variety and beauty I found that almost all the art I chose had some form of simplicity and yet depth. They all make the viewer stop and wonder why the painting was made and through that thinking it made me see that all  the artists were trying to show the viewer that there is more to the world around us, if we stop to look. That's exactly what all the pieces in this gallery do, they make the viewer stop and think and thus create individual emotion- simply put, an appreciation  for Still Life Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment